Overnight trek to Harishchandragad
Dates – 1 & 2nd September 2018
Let’s go to Harishchandragad.
If you love adventure Harishchandragad is a certificate of your adventurous spirit in Maharashtra. Harishchandragad is an amazing experience on a trek.
See Konkan Kada, the rocky mountain that separates Konkan from western Maharashtra. Observe the movements of clouds being in them. Touch the wind and breath fresh air. And camp in a tent at one of the most beautiful trek sites in Maharashtra.
Experience the best with your best friends.
Book your trek to Harishchandragad today!
Harishchandragad, a hill fort in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, is one of the most beautiful treks during monsoons. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat, Kothale village and it has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region.
Saptatirtha Pushkarni, Kedareshwar Caves, Taramati Peak (also known as Taramanchi), Caves, Nageshwar Temple and a temple of Harishchandreshwar are some of the highlights of the trek to Harishchandragad with let’s go outdoors. Moreover, Sahyadris during monsoons is absolute heaven, they welcome you with all their glory. With the green carpet under your feet, garlands of sweet mist and rest let’s keep the rest, a surprise.
A trek to Harishchandragad
- 0900 hrs : Leave for Harishchandragad in a non-AC coach
- 1230 hrs : Take a lunch break on the way
- 1500 hrs : Arrive at the base village of Harishchandragad – Have Tea
- 1530 hrs : After refreshments, Start ascending – Trekking through the scenic route till the top of the fort – Reach Konkan kada
- 1900 hrs : Relax for a while – Explore the area around the campsite – try your hand at pitching tents – Enjoy rest of the evening under the stars
- 1930 hrs : Bonfire session (subject to rains) – time for you to sing some of your favourite numbers, dance on some of the latest hits
- 2000 hrs : Relish traditional home cooked dinner
- 2100 hrs : Retire in your designated tents or you will always have a choice to stay awake all throughout the night
- 2230 hrs : EOD
- 0600 hrs : Rise & shine early to enjoy the lovely sunrise
- 0630 hrs : Hike to the 3rd highest peak in Maharashtra, Taramati peak – Time to explore
- 0800 hrs : Back to the campsite for delicious breakfast & tea
- 0900 hrs : Time to visit Kedareshwar Caves and click pictures before we start descending down to the base village
- 0930 hrs : Wrap up, Pack your bags
- 1000 hrs : Start descending
- 1300 hrs : Arrive at the base village – Freshen up
- 1330 hrs : Delicious Maharashtrian lunch will be served
- 1430 hrs : Leave for Mumbai
- 1830 hrs : Arrive in Mumbai by evening with wonderful memories to cherish for the lifetime, along with a camera full of pictures to make your friends more jealous.
TREK GRADIENT – Moderate to Difficult
TIME TAKEN – 3 hrs each side
TREK TYPE – Gradual trail at the beginning gets rocky once you reach the river bed
TRIP COST – ₹ 2500/- + 5% GST
* All transfers by non AC Coach
* Expert Charges
* Permits, Permissions
* Entry Charges
* Accommodation on triple or quadruple sharing basis in a Tent
* One full meal cycle (veg & non-veg) – 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Evening tea & 1 Dinner
* Cold drinks, Packaged drinking water, Snacks
* Personal Expenses, Consumptions
* Travel Insurance, Emergency Rescue, Medical Expenses,
* Extra Stay and Transport other than mentioned in the service
* Extra food and drinks apart from specified meals.
* Any expense not mentioned under ‘cost includes’
* Any personal sightseeing which are not in the Itinerary
If you prefer to sit quietly and experience nature at a mountaintop over a hardcore party in a club, this trek to harishchandragad is heavenly for you during the monsoon season.
We are going to camp on the top of the fort & isn’t a permanent camp structure, therefore the toilet facilities are absolutely basic. Please do not expect luxurious arrangements at the camp.
Contact us for bookings: